Just because we don't meet doesn't mean we can't rock.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It's been a long time coming

So, it's been awhile since we last spoke. I feel neglected, cheated and rather ignored. I'm hurt and angry. There's nothing else for me to do except...

Write about another blog that's totally awesome! I've been listening to CIUT lately cuz there's so much crap out there. Anyway, it's a great station to listen to. Sound Basement does play alot of electronic music BUT it's indie which means it's grand.

I've also been listening to Asobi Seksu from Brooklyn. If you like My Bloody Valentine and other shoegazing bands, you would like this one. They're playing at the Horseshoe on the Sept 20. If I can get a babysitter that night, Matt and I will be there!

As for the opera last night, I don't know if it's because I've been cut off from the COC for so long, but I really didn't feel for it. I did enjoy the first half, when the Rhinemaiden's were playing with Albriech. The water scene was tastefully done, but the part when Loge and Wotan were whisked away by the air, and all those guys were running around, twirling and whirling away, I didn't care for it.

Opps, baby is awake. My time is up. You are forgiven. I'm not hurt anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Star said...
 
Blogger alanm said...
 

Dang! I've been ignoring my own blog, so I didn't even know you'd posted! I have two Asobi Seksu albums at home. Lemme know if you want me to make you copies. You're in next week to talk shop, right?

Alan is anxious for another meeting. I've volunteered my place again (you guys can see the renos!), and he thinks it would be cool if we kept it small like last year. Should we do it in December again, or try for November? Even though it seems like far away, it's going to come up on us like a bullet once the fall season's over.

I didn't feel Rhinegold very much either, to be honest. Now Siegfried; I could have watched that about a million times. I really underestimated how much I was going to like that show.

I just happened to look up the blog for the 1st time in months, and what do you know! We have a new posting.

I'm already getting the 2006 best of together in my head.

New stuff of late has been the fantastically titled "I'm not afraid of you and I will beat your ass" from Yo La Tengo , centro-matic - grungy rock music, Razorlight, The Mountain Goats, Lambchop and the Kooks.

All the shows I wanted to see wre in September but the Ring Cycle took care of that.

Alan

Post a Comment

<< Home