Just because we don't meet doesn't mean we can't rock.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Runners Four and More!

I got my hands on an advanced copy of Deerhoof's newest album, The Runners Four, this weekend. It's pretty good!


I really enjoyed Milk Man, so I picked up the album Reveille while I was in the States at the beginning of the month. I really couldn't get into it. Lots of atonal stuff and several interludes but very little on the album that could be called a "song." Call me traditional, but I love music that has a beat and some melodies. The Runners Four is much more like Milk Man, with actual songs, which makes sense, because Reveille is from much earlier in the band's career, and Milk Man was just released last year.


I've also recently picked up albums from Metric, Zero 7, Frou Frou, Snow Patrol, Postal Service, Tegan and Sara, Blonde Redhead, Mediaeval Baebes, Belle and Sebastian, Ivy, Elk City and Lali Puna, as well as some oldies I didn't have on CD, like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Dire Straits. I've been a busy girl.

1 Comments:

Blogger shugga lali said...
 

I want it! Definitely!

Post a Comment

<< Home