Just because we don't meet doesn't mean we can't rock.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

It's been a long time calling...

Music club rise up!



Dudes! The summer is almost over, which means that the Music Club will rise again! How about September--before all the craziness of the spring run? Can anyone supply us with their home and sound system? Any ideas on themes? Come on people, we need your ideas!

Death Cab baby!


Death Cab for Cutie will be in Toronto October 15th. Yippee!!!!!!! Anyone else interested?

Dinosaur Jr. show in Central Park

The gods were back and the tribes were a rockin...
Show line up was as follows;

Magik Markers (New York City experimental rockers that sucked)
Radio 4(indie band from Brooklyn)
Broken Social Scene (great band from Toronto)
Dinosaur Jr. (gods)


Besides the heat and the american cigarettes that everyone was smoking(I think everyone is going to die of lung cancer in NYC), the show was incredible. It was interesting to see BSS in New York because I've only seen them in TO. Tons of energy and New Yorkers love them! It was awesome. It was great to see the original line for for Dino Jr.. J has aged quite a bit from the last time Matt and I saw him (1998) but it was just great seeing Lou Barlow up there rockin' it out with the band. If you've never been to a Dino show, they really aren't into the rock show thing. They don't have fancy lights or pyro. No jumps, no breakin' the gear. Just 3 guys rockin' it out. But seeing them and witnessing their talent. That's why you go. That's what makes them gods. Because they don't need all the fancy shite. Just the band and them rockin' out was enough to keep our smiles on our faces.



Sometimes I don't thrill you
Sometimes I think I'll kill you
Just don't let me fuck up will you
'Cause when I need a friend it's still you

Peace out

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Star said...
 

I am happy to have y'all over to my place, now that Lal's up the duff and can drive to the Burbs.

I can do either September 9 or 16.

Post a Comment

<< Home